Completely restored 1955 Airstream. Original beauty with the refrigerator, stove, door-in-door, cabinets and all original papers. Shell off restoration was completed in 2014 and includes the following…
* Entire frame given extra metal supports and coated with chassis undercoat paint
* new hitch added
* large dual vintage propane tanks
* Entire double layer of non-rotting flooring added (combination of special plywood flooring made from recycled carpet and another layer of marine grade plywood)
* Inside aluminum panels removed, stripped, shined and reinstalled
* Ceramic coating added to interior and new sheets of HVAC insulation added on all exterior walls
* two fresh water tanks and one black water tank added with new exterior fittings
* Tank cleaner also added
* all new underbelly
* new space for spare tire underneath created
* new axle
* propane furnace
* instant hot water heater
* water filter
* specialty water filler at sink
* all new plumbing fixtures added while maintaining original sinks
* All new lighting including vintage lights added to the outside for convenience during nighttime hookup situations
* Outdoor shower
* Coleman rooftop air-conditioning unit with interior thermostat that also operates the furnace
* All cabinets removed and painted
* Original vents maintained with original fans. Recently resealed. One has window in it.
* All original windows with new cranks
* All new LED specialty lighting. Chandelier and sconces were added in the front. Individual reading sconces added to the back.
* 50 amp electrical system with all new components and 50 foot cord
* Storage for dump hose in back bumper. Also has availability to use a macerator
* Storage bunks added to back. Can sleep very small children
* All new upholstery as of 2014 including specialty monogrammed Airstream pillowcases. It has the original gaucho frame but all new foam and upholstery. All beds have new foam and upholstery.
* Professionally designed interior utilizes vintage and new materials including formed wall plastic, thin sheet slate for bathroom and vintage metal tiles in bath. Also utilizes galaxy plastic for backlit shower and kitchen sliding cabinet doors.
* Draperies created using original style tracks
* The original fridge and stove
* addition of microwave
* All new old stock vintage pulls
* Plenty of storage space with a double armoire, and drawers under all beds
* Black and gray strip outdoor awning material
* new tires
You may also like...
Consider these tips in order to send or receive payment safely.
Know the vehicle’s market value
Be very suspicious of any vehicle priced significantly below market value. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Confirm contact information
Verify the seller’s physical address and phone number BEFORE SENDING PAYMENT. Zip codes, area codes and addresses should match up.
Use email wisely
Do not send personal or financial information (such as your social security number, credit card number or checking account number) to a seller via email. Email communications are not secure.
Do not use money transfer services, such as Western Union to pay for online purchases
Even Western Union recommends against using their service or similar services to pay for online purchases. Be cautious about any seller who will only accept a money transfer.
If using an escrow service for payment, make sure it is a reputable, valid escrow service
Some buyers, purchasing outside their local area, may consider using an escrow service. If so, make sure it is a legitimate service. Go directly to the website of the escrow service. Do NOT go to an escrow service through a link in the seller’s e-mail or use a service based on a referral from the seller. Check the web address to make sure you are at the valid website.
Get a detailed receipt
Ask the seller for a receipt that states whether the Airstream is being sold with a warranty or “as is.”
Get title to the vehicle
Make sure you know what’s required in your state to transfer title to the vehicle you’re buying.
Confirm contact information
Be wary of buyers willing to purchase your item sight-unseen, especially buyers located overseas. Always verify the buyer’s street address and valid phone number.
Verify that a certified check is genuine
Verify authenticity with the issuing bank prior to depositing a certified check. Make sure the account contains sufficient funds and the issuing bank guarantees payment on the check. Once deposited in your account, it may take a week or more for the check to clear. Acceptance by your bank does not guarantee the check is valid and funds are available. A cashier’s check can take 30 days or more to clear.
Secure payment first
Do not transfer the title until you have payment in hand at the agreed upon price (and you have verified that the payment is valid.
Beware of overpayment or other complicated payment schemes
Do not agree to any plan where the buyer asks to send a check for more than the sale price and requests that the seller refund the difference. Be suspicious of any buyer who proposes making payment through a friend or agent of the buyer.
File a report. File a report at www.ic3.gov with the Internet Crime Complaint Center, a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Administration (BJA). IC3 gives victims of cyber crime a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism. IC3 in turn alerts authorities by referring reports to the correct law enforcement or regulatory agencies at the federal, state, local and international level.
Let us know about it. If you receive a suspicious email, report it to Trader Interactive immediately. Forward the email to email@example.com Do not change the subject line or send it as an attachment. Simply forward the suspicious email message to us. We will contact you if we need additional information.