Airstream 1957 Flying Cloud, Serial # 8307
Price: $48,000 obo, make an offer.
Length: 24 feet from hitch to rear bumper
Shell (living space) 19 feet
Single axle, low mileage on the new tires, tire covers are included.
Purchased from Vintage Travel Trailers, Guerneville CA, May 2012
• 24’ in length, 19’ inside
• 3,000 lbs. dry tow weight
• Single axle, low mileage on new tires, tire covers included
• Electronic assist braking with electric breakaway activation switch for brakes
• Steel exterior (no missing rivets), trailer has always been stored under a steel cover
• Extra wheels on the back so the sewer tank will not drag while going over bumps
• Anti-sway bar that attaches to the hitch
• New 20-gallon freshwater tank with 12v pump
• New 20-gallon wastewater tank with dump valve
• Propane hot water tank
• New PEX plumbing pipes
• New electrical wiring and new electrical panel
• New 12v charging and circuit breaker box and battery
• New subfloor with new Marmoleum vintage style linoleum flooring (per original style of flooring)
• New belly pan and insulation
• 30 AMP RV plug with adapter for 120 house plugs
• Cable plug
• Custom 10 x 15’ awning with side panels
• Custom curtains and cushions
• Custom double size bed mattress, like new (used once).
• Vintage style kitchen with original working stove and oven, double sink and refinished wood cabinets
• Restored Serval vintage refrigerator converted to dometic and operates with DC, AC or propane
• Working bathroom with toilet, sink and shower, no leaks
• Full size bed in rear of trailer, couch by kitchen converts into a bed
• New interior insulation with new vintage style Zolatone type wall material (per original interior wall materials), no missing rivets
• All light fixtures are vintage, most are original to the trailer
• Privacy doors that separate the front from the back bed and bath areas
• Original door and screen door
The Serval refrigerator is the original refrigerator converted to modern Dometic refrigeration, 12v, 120v and propane. Conversion completed 11-20-2015. CTS RV REPAIR, Salinas, CA 831-229-9866.
Stove and oven, original to trailer, propane 3 burners, oven, broiler with pan plus temperature gauge, all work. There is a small storage area below the oven.
All light fixtures are vintage, most are original to the trailer.
There is a full bathroom in the back opposite from the double bed. The bathroom includes a sink, toilet and shower (no leaks). The toilet has a small storage area behind it.
LAYOUT OF TRAILER
There is a seven-foot-long couch to the right when entering the trailer with two drawers built into the frame under the couch. The couch converts into a bed and there is a small storage area above the couch. In the rear of the trailer is a double sized bed, there are two drawers under the bed and an outlet, light and vintage magazine rack in that area. Next to the double bed is a small three drawer stand. Across from the double bed are two oversized closets. When both closet doors are open an extender panel makes it possible to close off the rear of the trailer for privacy (original). There is also a broom closet/pantry adjacent to the closets.
There are three roof vents, two with fans. All working, all the seals have been replaced.
The double sink, countertop, countertop extension, stove, oven and fan are to the left when entering the trailer. The door of the cabinet above the sink slides open. There is a large storage area under the sink where the water heater is located. Under the counter area there are three drawers. The oven is to the left of the sink area and a working vintage fan is above the stove.
All the windows have new custom curtains.
The couch has new custom upholstery.
Custom double size bed mattress (used once).
The exterior consists of a steel frame, weight distribution hitch and sway control. The extra wheels on the prevent the sewer tank from dragging on ground that is rough or bumpy.
Missing rivets inside and outside were identified during restoration and have been replaced.
There is an exterior tool storage area near the right-side tire under the bed accessed through the outside door behind the tire. The discharge hoses, garden hose, main electrical cord (30 AMP service), plastic drain hose for hooking up to RV park septic systems are included. The short hose is for dumping the holding tank at dumping stations. Also included in the tool storage area is a rake, shovel, tire wrench, hydraulic jack and spare tire. There also is an antenna wire and cable that hooks from the trailer to the power box with power cables under the trailer (included).
Marti’s Awnings completed the custom awning and three long side panels which make the awing area into a tent room (exterior living space!). Also included are the stakes, ropes and poles to secure the awning.
Wayward Trailers in Salem, Oregon torn down and rebuilt the interior of the trailer from May to August 2019. Hannah Taylor and Jon Knowles completed the work. The phone number is 503-871-2798. The restoration included all new electrical wiring, all new PEX pipes and a new plastic water tank. The entire inside of the trailer has new insulation and new Zolatone type vintage style wall material (consistent with original materials used). The new subfloor is covered with new Marmoleum vintage style linoleum (consistent with original materials used).
Miscellaneous items include two vintage ice trays and two books, Vintage Camper Trailers and The History of the Land Yacht.
Our trailer was always kept under a metal awning cover and only used once after the 2019 restoration.
We are selling this lovingly restored vintage trailer in our retirement as we have finally slowed down. We have enjoyed traveling and participating in vintage trailer shows up and down the West Coast. We spent a lot of time and money restoring this 1957 Flying Cloud with true to the era components and modern upgrades (like the refurbished original Servel fridge upgraded and converted to dometic fridge), and have always kept the trailer covered. During restoration everything was inspected, repaired or replaced, new insulation, new belly pan, new electrical, new plumbing and much more. This trailer is roadworthy for another 65 years.