A RARE GEM! Painstakingly restored to original design and ready to roll where life takes you! This beauty has had all the hard (and expensive) work done to it, all you need to do is hitch it up!
This trailer was restored then never used due to health issues. Brand new everything in a vintage package – this is as ‘off the lot’ as you can get and still have a piece of Americana history. Originally listed in May, we pulled it off the site to have it polished, sealed and new whitewall tires installed. It is being relisted on 9/24/21.
Super light, 16’ length with an original weight of 1800lbs, it can be towed by almost any vehicle. This trailer is one of the rarer “street side” style models, meaning it was produced in California (one of ~866 manufactured in Ohio and California between 1961 and 1963). It has style and function as only an Airstream can provide – a piece of history with modern convenience for wherever your travels take you! These models are also used as guest accommodations, Airbnb income and home office – the possibilities are endless!
The interior is versatile for functionality and I’ve shown a few of the configurations in the pictures for reference. The couch pulls out to create a bed that can be either 36″ or 52″ wide by 76″ long. There is also shorter couch which could sleep a smaller person or child. For dining, there are two options – a larger table (redone) that is 48″ x 22″ (stored in the wardrobe cabinet) or smaller folding tray tables (shown in pictures). There is a ton of storage with high-quality hinges to keep cabinets open (overhead) and closed (for traveling) when desired. Drawers are designed with the notch to prevent opening during travel, you just lift then pull to access the interior. There are plenty of outlets including one in the overhead cabinet.
Full restoration includes fresh polish, new interior (clear-stain solid wood cabinets), new wiring, plumbing and mechanical systems, new tires, addition of stabilizers, and ‘shell off’ repair and rustproofing of the frame (to list of few of the bigger items). Sale also includes a valet system for easy maneuverability, new awning and extra fabric used on cushions.
Listed below are additional specifics of the restoration but there is a lot more information I’d be happy to discuss with interested parties. In addition to interior and exterior photos, I’ve included a couple pictures of the restoration process showing the extent of that process as well. There are additional photos available upon request or if you have something specific you’d like a photo of, just let me know : )
• Complete shell-off restoration with modification to frame to accommodate installation of 4 stabilizing BAL jacks
• Frame treated with POR-15 rust preventive coating
• New insulation in walls and underside
• New PEX plumbing system with brass fittings
• New freshwater, gray and black water tanks, water inlets and water pump
• New propane heater and gas detector
• New electrical AC/ DC system with new control panel
• New MAXX air conditioner
• Installed Bulldog sidewind jack
• New Suburban heater with thermostat
• Spare tire mount
• Installed new rear hitch receiver
• Front window rock guard (not on original model)
• Anodized aluminum trim
• New axle, shocks and powder-coated wheels
• New plywood subfloor and flooring
• New black Furrion power cord and inlet
• New Bambi emblem
• Valet bracket attachment for Trailer Valet system
• New outdoor striped awning and poles
• Kitchen has new countertops, sink, faucet, Wedgewood Vision stove with stainless steel cover, Dometic refrigerator with ‘Bambi’ logo and clear birch finish cabinetry with custom handles
• Wet bathroom has new formica shower walls, spa shower head & hose and shower curtain with privacy liner
• Interior walls have new paint
• Windows are original with new window screens and curtains on new tracks & sliders
• New custom upholstery
• Additional LED lighting