PRICE REDUCED! 1968 24-foot Airstream Trade Wind Double with two convertible sofas, dresser, large wardrobe, rear bath w/ tub and original refinished cabinets. Excellent condition. Clean title and current registration. A quality shell-on restoration/renovation and professional polish was completed in 2012. Features include:
– All new appliances: Dometic 2-way refrigerator, Suburban range w/ oven, Dometic A/C and GE 700 watt microwave (easily runs on 2000 W generator power).
– Newer furnace and 6 gal. water heater.
– Winegard automatic roof-mounted satellite for Dish or Direct TV.
– Includes two 12 volt TV/DVD players & Pioneer AM/FM/CD with Bluetooth.
– Flexsteel sofa bed in front (have original frame & cushions).
– New J.P.A. Drapery replacements throughout.
– Water damaged floor repaired or replaced where necessary.
– New flooring: bath-vinyl, kitchen-cork, bedroom & living room-carpet.
– Original light fixtures w/ LED bulbs.
– Complete set of original bins in fair condition.
– New Inteli Power 9200 power converter.
– Two brand new 6-volt deep cycle batteries.
– New PEX fresh water supply lines throughout; ABS drain lines repaired or replaced; new faucets.
– New fresh water & black water tanks (no grey water tank).
– Reinforced frame (no rear-end sag/separation).
– New axles, shocks, and brakes.
– Tires 3 years old, bias ply (no radial shimmy), load range “D” with moderate wear.
– Window, door, and vent screens & gaskets replaced throughout.
– New Lexan front window guard.
– Sandblasted and repainted tongue, frame and rear bumper.
– Added electric tongue jack, spare tire & carrier, and crank-down stabilizers.
– New Zip Dee awnings, right & rear.
– Two new 30 lb. polished aluminum propane tanks with gauges (full).
– Original-style marker & back-up lights.
– Restored original badges.
– Includes trunnion style hitch with torsion & anti-sway bars.
You may also like...
Consider these tips in order to send or receive payment safely.
Know the vehicle’s market value
Be very suspicious of any vehicle priced significantly below market value. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Confirm contact information
Verify the seller’s physical address and phone number BEFORE SENDING PAYMENT. Zip codes, area codes and addresses should match up.
Use email wisely
Do not send personal or financial information (such as your social security number, credit card number or checking account number) to a seller via email. Email communications are not secure.
Do not use money transfer services, such as Western Union to pay for online purchases
Even Western Union recommends against using their service or similar services to pay for online purchases. Be cautious about any seller who will only accept a money transfer.
If using an escrow service for payment, make sure it is a reputable, valid escrow service
Some buyers, purchasing outside their local area, may consider using an escrow service. If so, make sure it is a legitimate service. Go directly to the website of the escrow service. Do NOT go to an escrow service through a link in the seller’s e-mail or use a service based on a referral from the seller. Check the web address to make sure you are at the valid website.
Get a detailed receipt
Ask the seller for a receipt that states whether the Airstream is being sold with a warranty or “as is.”
Get title to the vehicle
Make sure you know what’s required in your state to transfer title to the vehicle you’re buying.
Confirm contact information
Be wary of buyers willing to purchase your item sight-unseen, especially buyers located overseas. Always verify the buyer’s street address and valid phone number.
Verify that a certified check is genuine
Verify authenticity with the issuing bank prior to depositing a certified check. Make sure the account contains sufficient funds and the issuing bank guarantees payment on the check. Once deposited in your account, it may take a week or more for the check to clear. Acceptance by your bank does not guarantee the check is valid and funds are available. A cashier’s check can take 30 days or more to clear.
Secure payment first
Do not transfer the title until you have payment in hand at the agreed upon price (and you have verified that the payment is valid.
Beware of overpayment or other complicated payment schemes
Do not agree to any plan where the buyer asks to send a check for more than the sale price and requests that the seller refund the difference. Be suspicious of any buyer who proposes making payment through a friend or agent of the buyer.
File a report. File a report at www.ic3.gov with the Internet Crime Complaint Center, a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Administration (BJA). IC3 gives victims of cyber crime a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism. IC3 in turn alerts authorities by referring reports to the correct law enforcement or regulatory agencies at the federal, state, local and international level.
Let us know about it. If you receive a suspicious email, report it to Trader Interactive immediately. Forward the email to email@example.com Do not change the subject line or send it as an attachment. Simply forward the suspicious email message to us. We will contact you if we need additional information.