Frame off restoration of a 1974 Airstream Overlander 27′
I purchased this airstream one year ago from Kentucky, which I then titled in Michigan. I purchased it from the gentleman who performed the frame off restoration. He is a welder and builder by trade and did a beautiful job.
This is basically a brand new unit that I have only used six times and due to life circumstances, I have decided to sell it and live this dream another day. I have listed the main features below, but feel free to message me with more questions. Serious inquiries only. I am not desperate to sell and will continue to use it throughout the summer until the right buyer comes along.
– FRAME: sandblasted, coated and painted with rust proofer, reinforced in the front and rear, multiple new outriggers and welded with all new rear hold down plates, designed to never have rear end leaks again, hitch added to haul bikes or extra gear.
– Mid bath conversion with open floor plan and all new custom cabinets and furniture.
– New upgraded dexter axles with lift kit for more clearance, new brakes, wiring, aluminum wheels and tires.
– New subfloor throughout with new fabricated metal wheel wells.
– All windows were removed, cleaned and new seals installed…including vista windows, new rock guard.
– New exterior LED light conversion.
– New grey tank with custom mounts for mid bath, along with new plumbing and modern dump valve. Black tank was removed due to adding an easy to use cassette toilet that comes with thetford curve.
– New pex water lines throughout.
– New on demand propane water heater.
– Updated electric and battery along with new modern 30amp plug on exterior.
– Customs cabinets and countertop with residential fixtures and residential farm sink, under cabinet lighting that changes color with remote.
– Flat screen TV with new cable and outlets.
– New propane cooktop, multi use microwave/air fryer/convection.
– New electric refrigerator
– Exterior propane grill connector.
– New A/C and 3 new Maxxair vents with built in LED lights.
– Luxury vinyl plank herringbone floor.
– New residential long queen size memory foam mattress in rear, twin XL memory foam sleeper sofa in the front.
– Exterior is in great condition, has white rubber roof coating, it has been stripped of clear coat so its ready to be polished or leave natural aluminum patina.
– This Airstream pulls like a dream and I barely knew I was towing anything with my 1500 GMC Sierra.
– All decor goes with the camper.
– No known water leaks
– Note worthy: This airstream is set up for and has the connections to install a water tank and pump. It currently does not have one. You can still get water from the exterior water connection if the place you stay at provides water to your site. I had a dealer quote a 20 gallon tank and pump installed for $1500 or if you are handy, you can do it yourself for around $700. One small dent on rear tail light. Heat comes by the way of a portable inferred heater, which keeps it very warm on cool nights.
– This camper is not perfect, but it is very close especially for a 1974 Airstream.