This custom, renovated Airstream is an adventurer’s dream! We designed and built this tiny home on wheels with concern for our personal health and environmental impact. We used only nontoxic and green certified materials in rebuilding the interior and designed it overall for comfortable, off-grid living – boondocking! For nearly three years her simplicity and functionality were tested and proven as our small family lived off-grid in America’s most scenic National Forest lands. We have now set roots and don’t wish for her to languish while other adventures await. She will be a treasure for the right buyer.
A professional appraisal conducted by Polk Valuations values our trailer at $71,450. The appraisal report is available upon request to serious buyers.
A few perks of this Airstream:
• three (3) NEW Fantastic Fans and Maxxfans for maximum circulation and fresh air
• custom oven exhaust fan and hood
• eco-friendly Icynene closed cell spray foam insulation for both sound and weatherproofing
• Nature’s Head composting toilet (Simple to maintain. No need to constantly dispose of nasty black water!)
• low-flow shower head
• all wood surfaces in kitchen finished with food safe tung oil and citrus solvent by Real Milk Paint Co.
• Forest Steward Council certified engineered tongue and groove flooring from Eco Timber with natural cork flooring underlay for insulation
• non-toxic low odor Eco Bond T25478 Multi-Purpose sealant used throughout interior
• NEW PEX piping for fresh water system
• NEW water pump
• wet bath finished with marine grade epoxy from West System
• NEW propane water heater
• zero VOC Benjamin Moore interior paint
• dual propane and carbon monoxide alarm installed
• NEW Tuft and Needle Memory Foam Queen Mattress
• original industrial Armstrong air conditioning unit – works like a champ! (requires shore power)
• Camco 57341 Olympian Wave 6 6000 BTU LP Gas Catalytic Heater for high-efficiency heating using propane (We stayed cozy in temperatures as low as 15 degrees Fahrenheit!)
• custom bunk bed or storage space
• built-in bookshelves in bedroom
• energy efficient 3.5 cu ft chest refrigerator
Running Gear and Exterior:
• sway Bar
• two tank automatic propane changeover regulator
• NEW Monroe 555003 Gas Magnum 65 Shock Absorbers
• NEW high-clearance axles and brakes from Colin Hyde
• Plasticoat completely removed
• exterior polished to near mirror finish (medium 11C)
• original ZipDee awning hardware in good working condition
• ALL NEW 12V and 120V wiring
• three (3) 100 Watt Solar Panels on roof mounted adjustable brackets
• high-efficiency 12V LED lights throughout interior
• two (2) 155 Amp Hour 12V VMaxx AGM Batteries
• Trimetric TM 2025 battery systems monitor
• Cotek 10000W Pure Sine Wave Inverter
• Tristar PWM 45 Solar System Charger with remote temperature sensor
We look forward to speaking with you and answering all your questions!
You may also like...
Consider these tips in order to send or receive payment safely.
Know the vehicle’s market value
Be very suspicious of any vehicle priced significantly below market value. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Confirm contact information
Verify the seller’s physical address and phone number BEFORE SENDING PAYMENT. Zip codes, area codes and addresses should match up.
Use email wisely
Do not send personal or financial information (such as your social security number, credit card number or checking account number) to a seller via email. Email communications are not secure.
Do not use money transfer services, such as Western Union to pay for online purchases
Even Western Union recommends against using their service or similar services to pay for online purchases. Be cautious about any seller who will only accept a money transfer.
If using an escrow service for payment, make sure it is a reputable, valid escrow service
Some buyers, purchasing outside their local area, may consider using an escrow service. If so, make sure it is a legitimate service. Go directly to the website of the escrow service. Do NOT go to an escrow service through a link in the seller’s e-mail or use a service based on a referral from the seller. Check the web address to make sure you are at the valid website.
Get a detailed receipt
Ask the seller for a receipt that states whether the Airstream is being sold with a warranty or “as is.”
Get title to the vehicle
Make sure you know what’s required in your state to transfer title to the vehicle you’re buying.
Confirm contact information
Be wary of buyers willing to purchase your item sight-unseen, especially buyers located overseas. Always verify the buyer’s street address and valid phone number.
Verify that a certified check is genuine
Verify authenticity with the issuing bank prior to depositing a certified check. Make sure the account contains sufficient funds and the issuing bank guarantees payment on the check. Once deposited in your account, it may take a week or more for the check to clear. Acceptance by your bank does not guarantee the check is valid and funds are available. A cashier’s check can take 30 days or more to clear.
Secure payment first
Do not transfer the title until you have payment in hand at the agreed upon price (and you have verified that the payment is valid.
Beware of overpayment or other complicated payment schemes
Do not agree to any plan where the buyer asks to send a check for more than the sale price and requests that the seller refund the difference. Be suspicious of any buyer who proposes making payment through a friend or agent of the buyer.
File a report. File a report at www.ic3.gov with the Internet Crime Complaint Center, a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Administration (BJA). IC3 gives victims of cyber crime a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism. IC3 in turn alerts authorities by referring reports to the correct law enforcement or regulatory agencies at the federal, state, local and international level.
Let us know about it. If you receive a suspicious email, report it to Trader Interactive immediately. Forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org Do not change the subject line or send it as an attachment. Simply forward the suspicious email message to us. We will contact you if we need additional information.