2018 Airstream Basecamp 16! Basecamp® was RVBusiness™ Magazine’s RV of the Year.
We have towed our Basecamp with our Chrysler Pacifica minivan and GMC Yukon without issues.
The Basecamp It is in excellent cosmetic condition with a few minor scrapes from use that are not very visible. The fantastic fan is currently waiting on a backordered motor replacement. Otherwise the trailer is in excellent mechanical condition. Feel free to ask for additional photos or information.
• The front windows offer a panoramic view.
• The side windows open for cross air flow ventilation.
• All the windows have very thick zip up blackout shades for privacy at night and to stop heat gain when you are away for the day.
• Factory solar panels to allow back country camping using the 12-volt electrical system.
• Air Conditioning unit also has a heat strip for mildly cool days.
• Electric and LP auto-switching full cabin heating system through 2 ducted vents for colder days.
• Electric and LP auto-switching water heater.
• Electric and LP auto-switching 3 cubic ft refrigerator
• 2-burner cooktop, stainless-steel sink, and microwave.
• Wet bath has a porcelain toilet and a pass through for shower head/hose panel for outdoor showering/cleaning.
• Teak shower floor.
• Two 20-gal propane tanks in the front locker.
• Rear door for access and loading bicycles, kayaks, or other sporting equipment.
• Tie downs for securing bicycles, kayaks, or other sporting equipment.
• Propane valve for a grill or a heater, and a 120-volt outlet on the outside.
• Exterior Zamp port for an additional “suitcase” solar panel.
• SeeLevel II Tank and battery monitor panel.
• SunExplorer solar charge controller and display.
• One of the seating benches is available for storage.
• Two new tires that match the specifications of the original high-quality tires that Airstream equips the Basecamp with. The tires were replaced due to age, not tread wear.
• Airstream dealer installed 3” lift kit.
• Several USB charging ports throughout the interior.
• Custom loft bed platform above kitchen area can add an additional sleeping area.
• Rear tent included for extra sleeping area or to store gear
• Exterior Length – 16 ft. 2 in.
• Exterior Width – 7 ft.
• Exterior Height with A/C – 8 ft. 8.75 in
• Maximum Trailer Capacity (GVWR) (lbs.) – 3,500
• The listed tongue weight is 410 lbs. Actual tongue weight depends on how the trailer is loaded.
• Net Carrying Capacity (lbs.) – 850
• 180w Solar Package w/ Upgraded AGM Batteries (x2)
• Fresh Water Tank (gal.) – 21
• Gray and Black Water Combo Tank (gal.) – 24 (Combo)
• Bed Configuration – Seating (24 in. x 76 in.) Half Bed (38 in. x 76 in.) Complete Bed (76 in. x 76 in.)
• 12v Tank Heaters
• City Water Inlet w/ Water Pressure Regulator
• Full Size Spare Tire
• Electric/LP Water Heater – Truma Combi™ Eco Plus
You may also like...
Consider these tips in order to send or receive payment safely.
Know the vehicle’s market value
Be very suspicious of any vehicle priced significantly below market value. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Confirm contact information
Verify the seller’s physical address and phone number BEFORE SENDING PAYMENT. Zip codes, area codes and addresses should match up.
Use email wisely
Do not send personal or financial information (such as your social security number, credit card number or checking account number) to a seller via email. Email communications are not secure.
Do not use money transfer services, such as Western Union to pay for online purchases
Even Western Union recommends against using their service or similar services to pay for online purchases. Be cautious about any seller who will only accept a money transfer.
If using an escrow service for payment, make sure it is a reputable, valid escrow service
Some buyers, purchasing outside their local area, may consider using an escrow service. If so, make sure it is a legitimate service. Go directly to the website of the escrow service. Do NOT go to an escrow service through a link in the seller’s e-mail or use a service based on a referral from the seller. Check the web address to make sure you are at the valid website.
Get a detailed receipt
Ask the seller for a receipt that states whether the Airstream is being sold with a warranty or “as is.”
Get title to the vehicle
Make sure you know what’s required in your state to transfer title to the vehicle you’re buying.
Confirm contact information
Be wary of buyers willing to purchase your item sight-unseen, especially buyers located overseas. Always verify the buyer’s street address and valid phone number.
Verify that a certified check is genuine
Verify authenticity with the issuing bank prior to depositing a certified check. Make sure the account contains sufficient funds and the issuing bank guarantees payment on the check. Once deposited in your account, it may take a week or more for the check to clear. Acceptance by your bank does not guarantee the check is valid and funds are available. A cashier’s check can take 30 days or more to clear.
Secure payment first
Do not transfer the title until you have payment in hand at the agreed upon price (and you have verified that the payment is valid.
Beware of overpayment or other complicated payment schemes
Do not agree to any plan where the buyer asks to send a check for more than the sale price and requests that the seller refund the difference. Be suspicious of any buyer who proposes making payment through a friend or agent of the buyer.
File a report. File a report at www.ic3.gov with the Internet Crime Complaint Center, a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Administration (BJA). IC3 gives victims of cyber crime a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism. IC3 in turn alerts authorities by referring reports to the correct law enforcement or regulatory agencies at the federal, state, local and international level.
Let us know about it. If you receive a suspicious email, report it to Trader Interactive immediately. Forward the email to [email protected] Do not change the subject line or send it as an attachment. Simply forward the suspicious email message to us. We will contact you if we need additional information.