2020 Basecamp 16X: “For the Even More Adventurous At Heart.”
• Excellent condition, lightly used, driven less than 4000 miles (We bought it in June 2020 to have a safe and convenient place for us to live, work in, and travel back and forth over the summer during the time we were building our new home. Finished the home = no longer need the trailer!)
• Comfortable home-away-from-home, great for boon-docking
• Lightweight and easy to tow
• Still covered under original Airstream warranty (36 months transferable). All original manuals and maintenance records provided
• We purchased the additional “Repair Care” (84 months Superior Coverage level which covers most everything else) — coverage is transferable to new owner and we will pay the transfer fee
• Basecamp 16X package includes:
– Goodyear tires and Aluminum wheels
– Lift kit for extra 3 inches of clearance (great on dirt roads)
– Solar window protection
– Stainless steel rock guards
– Patio awning (for shade at camp)
– Red rock interior (marine grade fabric)
– Air Conditioning (Airstream recall for bolt tightening was completed May 2021)
– Truma furnace and hot water heating system
– Tank heaters (great for cold weather camping)
– Solar power package (lets you boon-dock for days at a time!)
– 12v fridge (runs off battery from solar)
– Microwave oven
– 2-burner gas cooktop
– 2 propane tanks
– Full wet bath (shower and toilet) and outdoor shower
– Fans in kitchen and bathroom
– Panoramic front windows
– Window shades and screens
– USB and 110v outlets (great for working remotely)
• Additional Equipment provided — bring your tow vehicle and you’re ready to camp on Day 1!
– Power cable for electrical hook-up
– Wheel chocks
– Roller hitch stand (lets you push the trailer manually to get into tight spaces if need be)
– Lock for ball hitch
– Fresh water hose
– Dump hose
– Marine toilet paper and chemicals
– Rear-view mirror extender (for tow vehicle)
You may also like...
Consider these tips in order to send or receive payment safely.
Know the vehicle’s market value
Be very suspicious of any vehicle priced significantly below market value. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Confirm contact information
Verify the seller’s physical address and phone number BEFORE SENDING PAYMENT. Zip codes, area codes and addresses should match up.
Use email wisely
Do not send personal or financial information (such as your social security number, credit card number or checking account number) to a seller via email. Email communications are not secure.
Do not use money transfer services, such as Western Union to pay for online purchases
Even Western Union recommends against using their service or similar services to pay for online purchases. Be cautious about any seller who will only accept a money transfer.
If using an escrow service for payment, make sure it is a reputable, valid escrow service
Some buyers, purchasing outside their local area, may consider using an escrow service. If so, make sure it is a legitimate service. Go directly to the website of the escrow service. Do NOT go to an escrow service through a link in the seller’s e-mail or use a service based on a referral from the seller. Check the web address to make sure you are at the valid website.
Get a detailed receipt
Ask the seller for a receipt that states whether the Airstream is being sold with a warranty or “as is.”
Get title to the vehicle
Make sure you know what’s required in your state to transfer title to the vehicle you’re buying.
Confirm contact information
Be wary of buyers willing to purchase your item sight-unseen, especially buyers located overseas. Always verify the buyer’s street address and valid phone number.
Verify that a certified check is genuine
Verify authenticity with the issuing bank prior to depositing a certified check. Make sure the account contains sufficient funds and the issuing bank guarantees payment on the check. Once deposited in your account, it may take a week or more for the check to clear. Acceptance by your bank does not guarantee the check is valid and funds are available. A cashier’s check can take 30 days or more to clear.
Secure payment first
Do not transfer the title until you have payment in hand at the agreed upon price (and you have verified that the payment is valid.
Beware of overpayment or other complicated payment schemes
Do not agree to any plan where the buyer asks to send a check for more than the sale price and requests that the seller refund the difference. Be suspicious of any buyer who proposes making payment through a friend or agent of the buyer.
File a report. File a report at www.ic3.gov with the Internet Crime Complaint Center, a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Administration (BJA). IC3 gives victims of cyber crime a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism. IC3 in turn alerts authorities by referring reports to the correct law enforcement or regulatory agencies at the federal, state, local and international level.
Let us know about it. If you receive a suspicious email, report it to Trader Interactive immediately. Forward the email to [email protected] Do not change the subject line or send it as an attachment. Simply forward the suspicious email message to us. We will contact you if we need additional information.