This 2020 22FB Bambi has been lovingly maintained. What sets this trailer apart is over $20k of upgrades. The most important upgrade is the Lithium, Solar, and Inverter upgrades, which were professionally installed by AM Solar in Oregon, one of the best shops in the country for this kind of work. If you’re new to Airstream, you may not know that the factory electrical systems are not as suitable for camping off grid (aka, “boondocking”). These newer Bambis have electric-only refrigerators, which run the lead acid batteries down quickly. They also do not come with inverters from the factory, which means you can only operate 12 volt devices when you’re not plugged into shore power.
So that’s why we had this trailer upgraded with 200 amp hours of Battleborn lithium batteries and 270 watts of solar panels. We also added an inverter, which allows you to use the 120 volt outlets while you’re off grid. We had AM solar install the batteries in such a way that adding additional batteries in the future will be very easy, if desired.
We’ve also installed a top-of-the-line electric tongue jack (these trailers come with manual jacks), front rock guards (road debris could dent your trailer), a rear bumper with storage (great for storing sewer drain parts, and protects the back of the trailer), a tire pressure monitoring system, an upgraded kitchen sink faucet, a SmartPlug shore power connector and cable (way easier to connect), an Equal-i-zer weight distribution hitch system, and fantastic fan vent covers (so you can open the hatches while its raining). It also comes with a transferrable extended warranty (around 3 ½ years left on it).
We were expecting to have this trailer forever, which is why we put so much money into the upgrades. But we’ve decided to purchase a bigger Airstream. So save yourself time and money, and buy a trailer that’s been fully upgraded and ready for any adventure!
We purchased this trailer new in May 2020 from Airstream Adventures (Seattle), and we have the title in hand. This trailer was built before the surge in demand brought about by COVID, which caused many RV manufacturers to rush the build process.
A few more details on the trailer, including the upgrades:
• 270W solar package (3 x 90W panels)
• 3000W inverter / 120A charger
• 200Ah Battle Born Lithium Battery and Monitoring System (2 x 100Ah lithium batteries)
• Ability to add more lithium batteries later, if you’d like
• Installed by AM Solar… they’re the absolute best!
• Factory Zamp portable solar panel connector is still functional, so you can still connect portable solar panels for more charging power
• 2 Fantastic Fan vent covers
• Anti-Sway Distribution Hitch (Equal-i-zer)
• Super Brute HSB5000R Electric Tongue Jack
• Rear Bumper with storage
• Front rock guards
• Nano Cure exterior protection coating
• SmartPlug shore power cable and connector
• TireMinder tire pressure monitoring system
• Upgraded kitchen faucet that pulls out
• Added a paper towel holder above the sink
• Mattress protector with sheet fasteners
• Custom Airstream sheet set (1 fitted, 1 flat, 2 pillowcases)
• Hanging closet organizer
• Additional hooks on bathroom door
• Upgraded the lock on the closet door
• 6 year transferrable limited warranty purchased on 05/23/2020
• Comes with these additional supplies… sewer hose, hitch lock, chocks
• Dune / White Cypress Interior
• Rear view camera
• 13,500 BTU Air Conditioner
• 18,000 BTU Furnace
• 2 burner gas cooktop
• 4.3 Cu Ft 2 way refrigerator (12v and 120v)
• 6 gallon water heater
• 22” HD LED TV
• 2 x 20 pound propane bottles with storage
• 27 gallon fresh water tank
• 18 gallon black water tank
• 28 gallon gray water tank
• Exterior height is 9’3”
• Interior Height is 6’4”
• Exterior Width 8’
• Interior Width 7’7” (this was an improvement over the 2019 and earlier models, which were 6’11.75” …so a big difference!)
• Exterior Length 21’8” ball to bumper
• 3 storage bins under the bed. (The fourth storage bin was removed to fit the lithium batteries.)
• Full XL bed (80” x 54”)
• Comforter and pillows
• Please note that we removed the radio because it took up kitchen storage space, and instead we now listen to music on a portable Bluetooth player. We can, however, reconnect the radio at your request.
• GVWR – 5000 pounds
• Hitch Weight – 500 pounds
• 4 stabilizer jacks
• Manual awning (which is better because the automatic awnings tend to break)
This Bambi is in Woodinville, WA. We’re happy to answer any questions you might have.