2022 Airstream Basecamp 20X, located in Scottsdale, Arizona.
We have camped five times, within Arizona, in the Basecamp; it is clean, like new, in full original working condition. It has been stored, since purchase, indoors, at NIRVC (National Indoor RV Center) Phoenix (see photos), an air-conditioned facility with full power and pest control.
The Basecamp has all the 20X features (the standard 20 features plus the off-road X package: 3” lift, larger wheels and tires, stainless steel front stone guards, solar front window protection), with the Red Rock interior fabric; in addition, we added the factory installed air conditioning unit and the microwave.
The original manufacturer’s warranty remains in effect, as does the original Coach-Net Roadside Assistance membership.
In addition to the above, we purchased:
• the dealer Extended Service Agreement (6 years) covering all factory and dealer installed mechanical equipment,
• the dealer installed Tyron Wheel-Tire Separation Protection equipment,
• the Cilajet protective coating for the exterior aluminum body and the interior leather/fabric (7-year warranty), and
• the dealer provided/installed hitch-ball/coupler and integral anti-sway bar fixture, and we had the antiquated Suburban heater thermostat, with no visible indication of the temperature, changed out for a Honeywell digital thermostat (see photo), as many Basecamp owners do.
Having purchased the Basecamp, we had the entire 12v (AGM battery-based) charging system professionally replaced (by North Arizona Solar Electric, in Flagstaff AZ) with:
• 2x100Amp/hr Lithium batteries,
• a Victron 2000w pure sinewave Inverter,
• 200w of solar panels on the roof of the Basecamp and 400w of solar panels, deployable, at varying angles, on the ground, with 40ft of cabling for maximum flexibility,
• 2 associated Victron MPPT solar chargers, and
• Bluetooth-enabled Victron Smart Monitoring of the entire system (all components, individually), via the smartphone-based Victron Connect App.
And finally, we have bought the following items and would be happy to pass them to the purchaser; they are included at no extra cost:
• Provan Industries Trailer Coupler Security Lock made specifically for the post-2020 Airstream Basecamp,and
• Sherline Trailer Tongue Weight Scale (to ensure the Basecamp is correctly loaded).
All documentation from Airstream and NASE regarding the above purchases and installations is available.
This Basecamp 20X is truly capable of boondocking, unlike most that make that claim, almost however rough the ground, under all weather conditions; all you have to do is manage your water tanks!